Artillery Park National Historic Site of Canada

Phone: (418) 648-4205
2, rue D'Auteuil
Quebec City QC

This site, where the French built various defense structures in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, was of great strategic importance to the history of Québec. Towards the middle of the eighteenth century, the area was gradually transformed into a garrison. The British Royal Artillery Regiment established its headquarters there until 1871. A cartridge factory set up in 1879 provided munitions for the Canadian army until it closed down in 1964.

Edit this Visitor Attraction

Quebec City Features

Search for     
All  Photos  Forum  Maps 






Please Wait ...


Wait...

Saving Changes